Duke Fintech Trading Competition 2023!
Posted in Undergrad Opportunities
The Duke Master of Engineering in Financial Technology (FinTech) (new window)program, in collaboration with the Student Trading Lab at Interactive Brokers (new window), is excited to announce the 2023 FINTECH Trading Competition to take place during the 2023 Fall Semester! Read the official press release here (new window) and note that the deadline has been extended to 06 Oct.
The Trading Competition gives university students the opportunity to develop and try out investment strategies by trading real financial assets – using real-time market data – without committing actual capital. Participating students will be issued $1 million in simulated currency within a paper trading account at Interactive Brokers (NYSE: IBKR, https://www.interactivebrokers.com/ (new window)). Students will make trades within their paper accounts and gain exposure to the same user interface and features utilized by live accounts at Interactive Brokers.
- This opportunity is designed for students from all over the world with any academic background, students of all experiences are invited to participate.
- Competition rules, including start and end dates, are listed on the competition website.
- After the end of the competition, participants will be ranked by the risk-adjusted return (measured by Sharpe Ratio) earned by their portfolios during the time period.
- Top-performing students will be recognized mid-December 2023. Prizes for winners are listed on the website.
- The competition will be hosting a companion YouTube series that will follow traders’ progress and showcase sponsors.