Application for a TA Position
Most semesters the Economics Department hires 5-10 undergraduates to serve as TAs for its Micro and Macro Principles Courses. Responsibilities of a TA normally include:
- Holding weekly recitation/discussion sessions,
- Grading, and
- Holding office hours each week.
If you are interested in applying for a position please send an email containing the following information to the Director of Undergraduate Studies. A paragraph that includes:
- Your name, student ID, major and year of graduation
- Preferred subject (Micro or Macro Principles)
- A brief statement about why you’d like to be a TA
- An unofficial transcript
- The names of at least one and up to three Economics professors who can provide a reference for you
- Teaching Assistants can expect to work 6 hours per week. The pay is $15.50 per hour.
Questions? Contact the Undergraduate Coordinator.