Most semesters the Economics Department hires 5-10 undergraduates to serve as TAs for its Micro and Macro Principles Courses. Responsibilities of a TA normally include:
- Holding weekly recitation/discussion sessions,
- Grading, and
- Holding office hours each week.
- If you are interested in applying for a position please send an email containing the following information to the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- A paragraph that includes your name, student ID, major, year of graduation, preferred subject (Micro or Macro Principles) and a statement about why you'd like to be a TA.
- An unofficial transcript.
- The names of at least one and up to three Econ professors who can provide a reference for you.
TA's can expect to work 6 hours per week. The pay is $15 per hour.
Questions? Contact the Undergraduate Coordinator, Dept of Economics, at 7-6074.