The Brussels-Washington MA in Political Economy (MA-PECO) is an innovative one-year program that combines the strengths of two internationally renowned institutions.
This joint degree from Georgetown University and the ULB-Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management offers:
- An international experience at the heart of global policy-making decision powers, with full immersion in both Europe (Brussels) and the U.S. (Washington D.C.);
- A combination of frontier training in formal and quantitative political economy, with a strong emphasis on economic policy;
- Courses taught by academics and practitioners who are leading specialists in their field;
- On-site events at international institutions and think tanks.
- Opportunity to joining the wide and active alumni networks of Georgetown and Solvay.
The objective of the program is to prepare the next generation of economists to rigorously analyze both the economics and the politics behind the key policy questions of the 21st century. The focus on political economy reflects the view that evaluating and addressing global and local economic challenges also requires an understanding of the institutions and political settings in which such challenges arise.
The program aims at providing students with a mix of solid theoretical knowledge and exposure to hands-on practice through the inclusion of both faculty and experts in the respective fields.
The program taught me a new way to think about the intersection of public policy and economics. It forced me to dive deeper into the intersection of the two and changed my understanding of how, and often times why, certain policy decisions are made. It was an all-around amazing experience and has helped me excel in my career.Alexandra Campana, OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET, EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.