Minor in Economics (COL, FLL, MSB, NHS)
A minor in Economics requires the successful completion of six (6) courses in Economics and Calculus I (Math 035). The required courses include:
- Principles of Microeconomics (ECON-001) and Principles of Macroeconomics (ECON-002), or Principles of Micro and Macro combined (ECON-003*)
- Either Intermediate Microeconomics (ECON-101 or ECON-103) or Intermediate Macroeconomics (ECON-102 or ECON-104)
- Economic Statistics (ECON-121)
- Two economics electives chosen among any courses in the Department
- Calculus I (Math-035)**
*Requires one additional ECON-elective so as to be credited with the appropriate 6 courses
**Calculus I is a prerequisite for all 100 level Economics courses.
Note: at least 50% of the course work toward an economics minor must be taken in the Economics Department at Georgetown.
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Prof. William Jack serves as the Director of Undergraduate Studies and is responsible for the Economics Minor. Contact him if you are a current student with questions about a Minor in economics. Send an email or stop by during office hours, which are Mondays 2 - 3pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00 - 12:30 pm or by appointment (ICC 577).
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Kerstin Göbel can answer questions about the Economics Minor, and can also sign forms for Major and Minor Declaration, Transfer Credit, Study Abraod, etc. Her office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 11:30pm and 1:30 - 4:30pm in ICC 580A.
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.